Indian Air Force has posted an employment notification for the recruitment of Airmen in Group ‘Y’ posts. Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian Citizens. Eligible and interested candidates may register from 20th April to 26th April 2017. Further details like age limit, eligibility, educational qualifications, eligibility, how to apply, selection procedure and application form are given below.
Organization Name: Indian Air Force
Name of the Post: Airmen for Group Y.
Candidates upper age limit should not exceed 21 years. In other words candidates should be born between 01-08-1994 to 30-19-1997 (both days inclusive).
Candidates must have passed Intermediate/ 10+2 or its equivalent examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central/State Education Boards, with at least 50% marks and 50% marks in English. Refer to official recruitment notification for more detail about post wise educational qualification.
- Written Examination
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination.
1. Written Test: Candidates will be tested in English as per CBSE syllabus of AISSCE and Reasoning and General Awareness (RAGA). Question papers will be objective type and bilingual (English & Hindi),except English Paper. Duration of Written Test will be 45 minutes. Candidates have to pass in each paper separately. Results of the written test will be declared on the same day.
2. Physical Fitness Test (PFT): All candidates who pass the written test are to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) on the same or the next day. PFT consists of a 1.6 Kms run which has to be completed within 8 minutes. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds will be awarded additional marks on a sliding scale. Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts.
3. Interview: Candidates who have passed the written test and PFT will be interviewed. Interview is normally conducted in English. English and Communication skills plat a major role in interview.
4. Medical Examination: Candidates who qualify in the interview will be medically examined. Medical Examination will be conducted by Air Force Medical Team as per Indian Air Force Medical Standards as applicable on the day of the Medical Examination.
How to Download Admit Card:
Admit Cards to eligible candidates will be dispatched in the month of March/ April 2017 and examination will be held from 06.05.2017 at following Examination Centres- Ambala, New Delhi, Kanpur, Barrackpore, Jodhpur, Tambaram (Chennai), Bihta (Patna), Secunderabad and Bhopal.
Follow the simple steps specified below to download your Admit Card.
- Logon to the Website from the link provided below
- Select the Group Y Admit card Link
- Enter your Registration No.
- Select Your Date of Birth and submit it.
- Admit Card will be Available to download.
- Take a Print Out of the Admit Card.
To Download Admit Card: Click Here
Merit List: All India select list will be displayed on official website on 31st October 2017.